10 Things Only Parents of Toddlers Would Say
Toddlers… unique little creatures hell bent on embarrassing us, destroying our homes, and pushing us to the outer limits of our sanity, just before reeling us back in with a kiss and a sweet little voice whispering, “I love you, mommy!” It’s a good thing God made them so cute, or the human race would have gone extinct long ago. Am I right??
Yesterday, I was talking to my toddler and found myself thinking how ridiculous I must sound to any outside observers. It’s a good thing no one has a wire tap on my house. If they did, they would think I was running a circus of mentally unstable monkeys. Oh wait, this IS my circus and those ARE my monkeys. What’s a mom to do?
Wait, What Did You Just Say?
Here’s a list of 10 of the craziest things I’ve ever caught myself saying to my toddler.
- No, you can’t eat shampoo. Yucky!
- Your hair is not a napkin.
- Please don’t lick the toilet seat!
- Out of the garbage! You’re not a puppy!
- Son, you have your entire life ahead of you to play with your junk. Would you give it a rest?
- No, you can’t sleep in the dog’s bed!
- We’re not going to take our pants off in public again, are we?
- Did you just poop in the bathtub again?
- You don’t need another banana. You’ve already eaten four bananas today and nothing else!
- Hey, don’t cry! Do you want to come with me to the bathroom and watch me poop?
Toddlers, God’s Little Comedians
While the things I say to my toddler may make me sound crazy, at least we laugh a lot. This stage can be incredibly frustrating, but it is also incredibly rewarding. Toddlers are so ridiculously smart and creative. They brighten our worlds and drive us crazy, all at the same time. They also make us say some pretty ridiculous things.
What crazy things do you find yourself saying to your toddler? Let me know by commenting below. I’d love to share the laughs.
As always, thank you for reading. I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day!